To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven. Eccl. 3:1

To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven. Eccl. 3:1

Monday, May 4, 2009

Eat, Sleep, and Masters!

This weekend was truly enjoyable! That is except for my masters paper that was due last night at midnight. In June, it will be one year since I began my masters journey and I should finish near the end of January. Although it is through Olivet Nazarene in Illinois, there are many people participating from here-Jessie Davis and Aaron Ash to name a few. I think we should all have a huge bash together next year to celebrate our completion!

Anyways, the weekend starting out by getting a few things ready in my classroom for the coming week, rushing home to finish dishes and laundry. (Jared and I have been actually having one of the most important talks for married couples--where do we install the dishwasher) YEAH YEAH YEAH! For those women out there who had to wash every dish by hand, but now only have to push a button, I am sure you can relate to my elation. Okay, so back to our Friday night, one of my best friends, Amy, who actually got me to the Vinc. YMCA to swim laps with her on Monday, came by to pick up all my glassware for her sister's wedding. While she was there, we made plans to go out to eat with our boys. Jared and I took a quick nap before they arrived and then we were off to Washington. We all agreed..well, actually Amy hid a coin in her hand and I had to choose which hand-I chose the wrong hand, and it represnted Mi Pueblo. So MI Pueblo we did, but WOW did it hit the spot that night.
Amy and I even splurged and ordered a fried ice cream. When we got home, Jared and I immediately retrieved our pajamas, cuddled on the couch, and instantly fell asleep. So much for a Netflix night...guess it will have to wait.

Early Saturday morning, Jared went turkey hunting with the boys. Lee Smith had asked me earlier in the week if I wanted to meet at the Plainville church with a few girls to scrapbook. It was truly enjoyable. Lee mentioned she was bringing her Cricut machine along. Here's a little history: The best mother-in-law in the world gave me Cricut machine for Christmas, but I haven't quite mastered it. So, I thought this was a great opportunity to face my hesitation and learn how to use this thing. The group on Saturday including Lee Smith, her daughter, Sarah, Whitney Sprinkle Dyer, and Beth Yakes. We plan to meet once a month and that will be perfect for me. I am a deadline girl-I won't scrapbook unless I have a due date in mind. This encourages me to keep going. And yes, I used the Cricut--it is a cool machine.

When I got home, ready to clean the house, I found Jared taking a nap from his long morning of hunting. It looked too enticing, so I hopped into bed just finish the movie he had started, but I quickly fell asleep. We were awakened by a phone call from BB- Brent Baker. Brent and Abby invited us to go dine at the Log Inn in Haubstadt. This restaurant is known for the place where Abe Lincoln dined. Like the title says, eat and sleep! Before we could go, we made the deal that we have to clean for at least an hour before we started to get ready. It is amazing what you can accomplish when you put your mind to it.
Jared and I always have a blast with the Bakers and this time we had their newest addition-Cale. He did extremely well and was a cutie the entire night.

Sunday consisted of the 8:00 service at Odon Christian, cleaning the rest of the house, writing my masters paper (yuck), watching TV with my hubby -Celebrity Apprentice.

This weekend was relaxing. No, I didn't get everything accomplished on my to-do list, but it was full of laughs and memories. I would much rather savor those items than savoring the idea that my to-do list is complete.

3 comments:

  1. scrapbook?cricut? Did not know you SB!!! ME TOO!!! Sounds like you had fun!!!! :)

    take care! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How bout that paper?!:) I spent from 10am-6pm saturday working on it!! I was SO relieved to finish it. I'm so sick of papers right now.....btw, when you said that you guys were having a very important talk...I thought it might be THE talk..:) you know, babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been a busy girl! Love the pictures on the side of this post! Miss you. We'll be home the last weekend in May and the first weekend in June. Hope to see you then!

    ReplyDelete