To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven. Eccl. 3:1

To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven. Eccl. 3:1

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mommy's Memories

The memories of the last six weeks have been amazing!
Here are a few that I don't want to ever forget:

* Watching Jared hold Adalyn for the first time. As I saw tears run from his eyes, it was then I realized that this was truly our daughter, the beginning of parenthood.
* Our first car ride as a family of three (Jared was adorable)
* Our first night home: Jared and I thought someone had to be awake with her at all times. It was like we were guards on duty.
* When Cousin Lindsee met her for the first time- "Baby, Baby!"
* Adalyn's many faces
* She has to have a hold of something at all times it seems. I love when she holds my fingers with a death grip as I nurse her.
* How Adalyn holds her own thumbs (I do the same thing when I run)
* 1.19.10 The day Adalyn finally let go long enough for her mouth to find her thumb.
* Her laugh-We have only heard on a few occasions, but I can not wait to hear it for the rest of my life.
* In the morning, when I lay her between Jared and I in bed and we watch her sleep or her eyes explore the room. WHAT A WAY TO START THE DAY!
* Her cry-I can hear it even when she isn't really crying.
* Our Song-"God is so Good" and the verses I created "God gave me you" and "Adalyn Maren" The syllables fit perfectly.
* On more than one occasion, during the night when I hear her stirring, I automatically start rocking and bouncing. The thing is....I wasn't holding her yet! :)
* Finding the perfect bow and shoes to match her outfits.
* Watching the grandparents and great grandparents love on her.
* She is already aware of when she is at the doctor's office-she screams her head off! Ask Dr. Campbell.
* How she tightens her little lips to the point they turn white and it looks like she is whistling. We think we have it figured out that we need to change her diaper soon after that. :)
* Her soft skin and to this point, no baby acne! I literally prayed out loud for no baby acne.
* How she lost hair FROM THE TOP OF HER HEAD! Sorry Adalyn, your mom and dad were both bald until we were two.
* BATH TIME! Adalyn hangs her feet over the little hamock like she is laying out at the beach enjoying the sun.
* Oh...her strong little head. From day one, she was showing off with her strong neck and head. She doesn't want to miss one thing, that is for sure. (Who does that sound like?)
* When she looks like she is paying attention when I read to her. It makes the teacher in me very proud. :)
* Her smell. Even her spit up smell. I love it..I love it.

Truth be told, I love every minute of every day and every precious inch of Miss Adalyn.
If you know me, I tend to focus on the incompleted part of my to-do list, not what I did accomplish. My mom says that I make my list too long to begin with. :)
Well, here was my prayer the other day: "Lord, I am blessed because I have a house that I GET to clean, a daughter that has a great set of lungs, and a job that adds stress to my life. Thank you. Thank you."

I can't wait to see what other memories lie ahead for the Smith family.

6 comments:

  1. Those are BEAUTIFUL memories!! She is precious. you have a wonderful family. God Bless You:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaya you did a great job of putting it all into perspective! I need to hear that every now and then.:) just reminds us of how blessed we are.. hang on to those memories because it seems like the things you will never forget slip by so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are such a sweet mommy. I need to see Miss Adalyn again. Maybe at our Master's completion party?!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the memories that you have already....and it has only been 6 weeks!!! So many more to come:) The one that said you started rocking even when you didn't have Adalyn....I just had to laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is adorable- loved reading your memories and thoughts on things :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great memories!!! I miss those little accomplishments, the smells, etc. I guess its a sign for another one. Babies are soo sweet and innocent.

    ReplyDelete