To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven. Eccl. 3:1

To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven. Eccl. 3:1

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Social Butterfly

This past week has been a very pleasant and memorable. Adalyn met several new friends this week. On Wednesday, we went to Libby Graber's for play group. At this point, play group is more for Mommy than Adalyn, but with only a month left of my maternity leave, I am trying to make the most of it by spending with friends and my baby girl.
After Libby's, we headed to my good friend, Kayla Neidigh's house. It was time for me to part with the maternity clothes Kayla graciously let me borrow. Thank you again, Kayla. I spent practically the entire afternoon there and Adalyn finally met Braxton! What a cutie is he! And boy, on the go, too! Of course, we took pics, but I have to get them from Kay.
On Thursday, my co-worker Justin Wilson and his two boys, Dom and Leo, came by. Again, cuties! Dom was so gentle with Adalyn. It meant a lot for the Wilson boys to come out our way. I can't forget to mention sweet Laura. She came over Thursday, too, to help me finalize my masters paper. Thank you, Laura. I miss talking to the staff at NDE every day, but I already become teary-eyed when I really think about returning. Jared has always been really good and understanding when I stay late at work or have things to do when I get home, but now I have someone else depending on me. What keeps me going is that I know women go to work every day, leaving their children. I will just have to make the most of my time all the time. Okay...let's stop talking about returning to work.
Then on Friday, Adalyn and I headed to my lifelong friend, Natalie (Lawyer) Christenberry's house. She has Collin, who will be two March 1. We met there with several other sweet ladies from Odon church. It feels good to receive encouragement from other moms. When you get a room full of moms, you sure can learn a lot. I love it! I appreciate the invite and I hope we can do it again before I return to school.
Saturday evening, while Daddy went to his Turkey Federation Banquet, we celebrated with the Armes and Baker families. It was Cale's 1st birthday party! Of course, Abby made an adorable wagon cake that mimicked her blog and bday invites. I didn't waste any time; I already recruited her for Adalyn's 1st birthday! Again, Adalyn was surrounded with little ones, mainly boys. She is going to have a hard time choosing when she gets older. :)
Reflecting on this past week, I realize how blessed I and now Adalyn are with such a strong support of friends. I was reading another blog earlier and she said perfectly. "I just think it's SO important to have girlfriends. You may only have one. You may have fifty. But we all need some kind of "sorority"." That was from www.kellykornerblog.com But, how true! I feel so fortunate for having my friends and family in my life. My prayer is that Adalyn sees the importance in friendship and works on keeping those ties with others pure and true. (Because, let's face it...girls can be vicious)

So to my friends and family...thank you and I love you.

1 comment:

  1. glad you had such a good week! i am already dreading coming back to work and i'm not even off w/ Corbin yet!

    ReplyDelete